Wednesday, March 9, 2016

“Life is a journey, not a destination.” R. Emerson



Every man has a road to travel, a journey only he can make. (Original Pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493355334156082446)



He said, any road will get you there,
if you only walk long enough,
and his grin that lingered in the air,
stayed behind.

It doesn't matter which way you go,
if you don’t care much.
Then he fasten his smile back to his face,
And it went with the rest of his body,
I still wonder where.

The lure of the open road,
unrolled to where the earth meet the sky.
Unknown things waiting to happen,
 adventures that flow in my veins.
 My eyes teary with delight, almost forgotten,
 of a cold winter night, and a bedtime story.

But at the fork in the road I halt,
like Alice, I hesitate, I ponder,
I search for his smile, now gone.

When he said pick any road, was it
right, maybe left?
Do I much care where I go?

This I know,
the journey is getting harder and harder to cling on to.
And when the sun descends, and the day is gone,
the lights in the nearby house, and the warmth of the fire,
 in the woodstove,  is what I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment