Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Inside my head




There is a woman, who lives in my head,
I hardly ever see her,
But her voice, vexing and grating,
Is rumbling in the hollows of my brains

She does not stop talking,
From morning till night,
The only way I can quiet her rattling
Is close my eyes, and take a nap.

She wants to know, why -
She interrogate me on, how -
She likes to discuss, when -
But she really get stuck on what if.

She insists that it is for my own good,
But we both know this is a lie.
She keeps bringing up" the truth,"
As if she was there at the time.

Her capricious moods keep me alert,
I cannot ever lay off my guard,
On the lookout day and night,
For her next ingenious camouflage

This woman who lives in my head,
The other day, I caught her glimpse,
In the bathrooms, behind the mirror
She looked unerringly like me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment