Monday, February 15, 2016


Sight and Sound

 


Every color that I see
Is a memory of a kind,
To other days and other vistas
I store now in my mind.
The sun behind my eyelids,
Reds and yellows, flares of light
Stir up endless radiant sights.
I can see the thunder’s flash
Even with my eyes closed tight,
And hear the forest breathe
Creaking, sighing, moaning, moving
Closing in.

Even with my eyes shut tight,
I can see those distant sights.
Rainbow of desert plants
Sprung to life overnight.
I can hear the echoes, lost,
Inside deep canyons walls
And the whimpering wind, so loud
 Stirring, swirling, sand clouds.
Snow capped mountains on the horizon,
Splashing in a Dead Sea, way down.

But when the rising sun, lights up
the green forest outside,
Not even the slightest gap.
I move my eyes from side to side,
Beaten by the green mass,
Searching, hunting for a path
An opening, a trail, a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment